If you're traveling with a family along I-35, you may find yourself wanting (or needing!) to stop for a picnic, take a short break from driving, or just to let the kids (or the dog) stretch their legs. To help, we've identified 6 of the best parks along Interstate 35 between Oklahoma City and the DFW Metroplex. Your road trips will never be the same!
From north to south, here's our list of the Top 6 Parks Along I-35 (Oklahoma City to Dallas-Fort Worth):
- Shallow Brook Park, east of I-35 of SE 44th St., features a shaded picnic pavilion, new playground equipment, and big open grassy fields.
- Little River Park just west of the medical center in Moore offers picnic shelters, a playground, and a fishing lake.
- Lions Park in Norman is the site of many community events throughout the year, and features picnic tables, play equipment, tennis courts, and more.
- East of the freeway in Pauls Valley, Wacker Park boasts a rose garden, playground, tennis courts and more.
- In Gainesville, Texas, Leonard Park offers picnic tables, grills, restrooms, a playground, and a miniature train! Plus, inside the park is the kid-friendly Frank Buck Zoo.
- Denton's North Lakes Park is a great park for all ages, with fishing lakes, walking paths, sports fields, picnic shelters, sports fields, and more!
Looking for something different? Try our: