You can take Interstate 85 from Montgomery, Alabama all the way through Atlanta, Charlotte, and the Research Triangle. If you're traveling with a family along I-85, you may find yourself wanting (or needing!) to stop for a picnic, take a short break from driving, or just to let the children burn off some energy.
To help, we've identified seven of the best parks along Interstate 85. Your road trips will never be the same!
From Charlotte to Greenville, here are 7 fun city parks to make your life easier:
- West Charlotte Recreation Center Park in Charlotte features a splash pad, shaded playground, basketball court, and rec center!
- Stowe Park in Belmont offers a play area, sports fields, and picnic shelters.
- Early Park in Kings Mountain has an accessible playground, a tire swing, a swimming pool, and sports fields.
- Bessemer Park features a splash pad, playground, tennis courts, basketball court, and a swimming pool.
- Pelham Mill Dog Park in Greer is a fun, large space to bring the dogs.
- Idlewild Park in Greenville boasts sports fields and a unique playground with playground equipment shaped like a dinosaur!
- Lakeside Park in Piedmont features a splash pad, playground, volleyball, tennis, baseball, and swimming pool.
Do you know of another great place to stop along I-85 between Charlotte and Greenville? Let us know!